Blue Bell Sedation Dentistry
Dental anxiety is sadly common in patients of all ages. This could be due to a bad personal experience, learned from relatives in childhood, or general anxiety. Whatever the cause, for some, dental anxiety is so severe that it keeps them from receiving the care they need. At Blue Bell Dental Associates, we are happy to offer sedation dentistry in Blue Bell. Our dental team uses a number of sedation “sleep” dentistry techniques to help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable during dental treatments.
When To Consider Sedation Dentistry
If any of the following scenarios apply to you, then you might wish to consider sedation dentistry:
- Extreme dental fear or anxiety
- Previously traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty or inability to get numb
- A sensitive gag reflex
- Complex or extensive dental problems
- Restlessness during lengthy dental appointments
- Phobia related to needles or shots
- Negative response to dental office noises, smells or tastes
- TMJ-problems or discomfort when keeping the mouth open for extended periods of time
Our Blue Bell Sedation Dentistry Options
- Oral Sedation –When taken by mouth, a pill or liquid medication can produce a mild level of sedation to soothe the jitters and reduce anxiety. If necessary, one dose can be taken the night before the dental visit and another can be taken one hour before the dental procedure.
- Nitrous Oxide –When this gas is inhaled through a soft nasal mask in the dental office, a more immediate but gentle sedative effect can be achieved. Often referred to as laughing gas, this inhaled sedative can be completely reversed at the end of the procedure when the nitrous oxide is replaced by oxygen only.
Enjoy A New Dental Experience
Sedation dentistry can transform the way that you think about dental work. Our team has been trained to administer safe dosages of sedatives while monitoring your vital signs to protect your safety throughout your visit. If you are interested in receiving dental care in a relaxing and low-stress environment, contact our Blue Bell sedation dentist today to find out more about your sedation dentistry alternatives.